Thursday, July 23, 2009

Now I Understand!

I'm well into my marathon training with 2 long runs under my belt (10 and 12 miles) I have begun to understand what it means to have "black toes", "chafe" in areas that should not chafe, taking "ice baths", "fartleks" and "pickups".

I have had runs that when I was done I seriously wanted to cry, or could barely walk due to cramping muscles are chaffed thighs!

Garrett my fiancee can not understand why I take and tolerate an ice bath when he can hear me screaming from the other room.

I'm getting nervous and I am doubtful at times if I can really pull this off. I am scared!

I run on the treadmill, run on the track, at the beach and anywhere I can. I sing out loud to the songs that pump me up and I even at times find myself doing the "Rocky" salute!

I have never been one for "self motivation" as far as working out, but I do find myself motivated when I gear up for a run.

I proudly wear my headband 26.2 and wonder if anyone really understands what that means.

You understand I am not an athlete, I have never been one for running or training unless I was being forced to. But I am on a mission and I have forgotten lately why. So I look at my pictures of Johnathon and I remember the long nights in the hospital, the long days after his passing, it is then that I remember WHY I am doing this.

Thanks for your continued support in my efforts to train for this marathon.

No comments: