Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Marathon Training Update!

Hey there! Just a little note to catch everyone up on my training efforts toward the Marathon in Chicago Oct 11, 2009.

As of now I have completed 5 races.

Mud in Your Eye Series:

5k 32:39 minutes placed 9th in my age group
6k 37:31 minutes placed 8th in my age group.
8k 51:11 minutes placed 10th in my age group.

Valentines Day 14k
14k 1:30:52 placed 89th in my age group

Shamrock 8k
8k 48:27 placed 2305th over all 117 in my age group out of 7091 total runners

Now take note I'm not setting any records...just wanting to complete the runs to my fullest potential.

The next scheduled runs are as follows:

Wounded Warrior 5k March 28th
Cerebral Palsy of Virginia 5k April 4th
Dismal Swamp Stomp 1/2 Marathon April 18th (first 1/2 marathon)
St. John the Apostle 5k May 2nd

I am always looking for someone to come and run with me, so let me know if you want to sign up for any one of these events.

Thanks for all the support!
http://www.active.com/donate/rallyathletes/RUNMOMRUN

1 comment:

Gina said...

When you train hard your muscles need proper recovery. Just taking some rest may not be enough. According to nutrition scientists BCAA is one of the key nutritional compounds to help your muscles recover properly. I tried this product myself. Purchased it at amazon http://www.amazon.com/enhanced-L-Glutamine-capsules-Military-Tested/dp/B008JHQ1JK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394122798&sr=8-2&keywords=military+grade Impressive results! Easier recoveries and more strength for further trainings!