Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wounded Warrior 5k


I finished another race! I did the Wounded Warrior 5k(3.12 miles) on Saturday the 28th. It was really nice and a nice ceremony for the fallen men and women of our armed forces. Very nice running weather. The race was along the boardwalk at the beach. There were a little over 700 people that turned out to run. So it was a little crowded.

In my age group I placed 12th and paced 216th overall. I had a personal best of 28:48. I am feeling the pain today! My knees are killing me!

I have a couple more runs before my first 1/2 marathon on April 18th. I am scared to death, every time I think about running the half, I feel like I'm going to throw up! But for the first time I feel confident that I can actually finish it. So I continue on the road to the marathon in Chicago and continue with the training.

No comments: