Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not Feeling It!!

Oh my aching legs!! Talk about hitting the wall today! I was not feeling my run today. I usually try to do at least a 3.5-4 mile run each day and at least one long run (5+) a week, but today was painful! I swear my legs felt like I had lead weights attached, I was not moving as fast as I wanted to and the 3.5 daily run was really really long today. Maybe it was the cold, maybe I'm just tiered. But it does "demotivate" me in a way...some days are just hard. Today was one of those days! So I sulked all day and then went and had a huge cheeseburger and fries with Garrett at Cheeseburger in Paradise, food always makes me feel better.

As far as the fund raising, it is going GREAT!! We have now reached $1430.00 that is almost 1/2 of my goal!! At least that got me a little more motivated about running tomorrow. It's my long run day so I hope it is nice!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Hey Claire ~ you will most definitely have hard days where you just don't feel like running at all. You will overcome! Just don't beat yourself up. Maybe this is just your body's way of telling you it needs a little break! I would really love to start running with you if we can work it out!!

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I will think of you on Valentine's Day. An encouraging word one of my cyclist uses is: "the wind is your friend". Sometimes the response in my head is "What if the wind is not in my lungs anymore?" Ha!! So it is with your motivation, and legs that feel like lead...Press on.
Sarah

RunMomRun said...

Thanks!! I could use all the words of wisdom I can get!! I will use the wind as my friend...it is gravity that is my enemy! Sheila...I will be hitting you up on that running partner thing!! Thanks again!!